- 10 Feb 2022 » Apache Spark - getting started on Mac
Quick reference for getting started with Apache Spark
- 09 Feb 2022 » Apache HBase - getting started on Mac
Quick reference for getting started with Apache HBase on a Mac
- 30 Jan 2022 » Apache Hadoop - getting started on Mac
Quick reference for getting started with Apache Hadoop on a Mac
- 22 Jan 2022 » Kafka - getting started
Quick reference for getting started with Kafka
- 11 May 2021 » Jekyll on macOS Apple M1 [Solved]
Installing Jekyll on macOS Apple M1 (ARM64 architecture). The post provides step by step instructions for solving issues faced using system default Ruby, how to install and use an updated Ruby version for Jekyll installation. Jekyll is compatible with macOS with ARM64 architecture and works on Apple M1 MacBooks
- 04 Jul 2020 » How to choose your Cloud provider?
Are you planning to migrate your on-premise workloads to the Cloud? Are you planning to build your startup in the Cloud and wondering which Cloud will be most appropriate? Well, choosing the Cloud provider is not an easy decision. Here I document the list of criteria that would help make the decision.
- 08 Jun 2018 » Blockchain - the business game changer
An introduction to blockchain with a high-level overview of how blockchain technology operates, and the implications of a secure, distributed ledger system.
- 24 Feb 2018 » Ansible best practices
We review some best practices to consider while writing Ansible playbooks. This should be particularly useful for anyone starting with Ansible.
- 12 Nov 2017 » Ansible - getting started
An introduction to using Ansible for automation. What is Ansible, what can be done with Ansible and some interesting points about Ansible
- 15 Mar 2017 » How to choose your portfolio hosting website
Where should I host my photography portfolio? We discuss here the principles on which you can make your decision and the areas to consider for selecting your portfolio hosting provider.
- 14 Mar 2017 » Eric S Raymond’s Unix Philosophy applied to design Cloud Architectures
Eric Steven Raymond in his book, The Art of Unix Programming, wrote 17 rules of Unix philosophy. I find most of these rules very relevant for designing cloud architectures and has its application in the design thought process.
- 08 Mar 2017 » Connecting to multiple AWS accounts using AWS CLI
AWS CLI configuration steps to connect to multiple AWS accounts using different IAM users.
- 04 Mar 2017 » Jekyll blog hosted on Amazon S3
Using Jekyll to build a blog and host the static site on S3. All the steps required to create the Jekyll blog locally, configuring AWS and then pushing it to AWS S3 for hosting.